Saturday, October 28, 2017

AUKEY BLUETOOTH



Bluetooth headphones have become extremely affordable over the past year. The old saying “you get what you pay for” doesn’t quite mean what it used to when it comes to audio products these days.

AUKEY is a reputable company that makes a wide range of high-quality accessories for your mobile devices. I have been fortunate to be able to test out its latest wireless sport headphones, and what surprised me most about them was the amazing price at just $28.

Bluetooth 4.1
120mAh battery, up to 15 hours of talk or playback
CVC 6.0 Noise cancelling technology
5.6 ounces
7.5 × 6.3 × 1.0 inches
S, M, L silicone earbud tips
Build

The AUKEY BLUETOOTH sport headphones are wireless, and are built using a neckband to house the electronics and battery. Other wireless headphones pack the electronics into the earbuds, and controls in an in-line remote. Those designs usually do not work well for those with smaller ears, and neck band style headphones are a great alternative.

At just 5.6 ounces, the AUKEY wireless headphones are light-weight and are barely noticeable around the neck. Using this build style also allows for the ear tips to be much smaller than its wireless counterparts that house the electronics within the ear tip. Being smaller, the ear tips are very comfortable to wear for extended listening sessions. The included silicone tips come in three sizes, S, M, and L and create a nice seal for blocking out background noise.

A nifty and thoughtful feature are magnets that hold the tips in place within the plastic neckband for when you’re not using them. It keeps them safe and protected from snags and objects that can crush them.

Usage

It’s always nice to have accessories that don’t cause issues when trying to pair to my mobile devices. As soon as I powered on the headphones, they immediately went into pairing mode and connected to my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. The process of pairing took no more than one minute.

I’ve used and listened to quite a few wireless headphones, and the AUKEY sport wireless headphones perform very well against its competition. The sound isn’t better than what I have heard from Jabra, Mee Audio, or from Jaybirds. But the AUKEY headphones also cost several times less than those headphones. The offering from AUKEY have a balanced sound signature, with no emphasis on highs, mids, or lows. The sound is clean, clear and crisp.

After wearing the headphones for a couple of weeks, the one thing I appreciated most was the light-weight. The weight made for a very comfortable fit with the extremely small ear buds that can fit small to large ears. The comfort factor made these headphones extra useful when I wanted to take phone calls and keep my hands free so I could multi-task.

With the built in noise cancellation, the person on the other end of my conversation heard me loud and clear. I took phone calls that lasted over an hour without one issue. It’s quite rare for wireless headphones to go without issue on calls, but the Bluetooth maintained a strong connection.

Another feature I came to love was the impressive battery life. AUKEY advertises 15 hours of talk and/or play time, but I got closer to 10 hours. I got less than the advertised battery life due to the fact that I listen to these headphones at a high volume setting. Yet 10 hours is still the best I have used amongst all of the wireless headphones I have ever tried. It was nice not to have to recharge these headphones as often. Getting four to seven listening sessions before recharging was something I got used to quickly.

I couldn’t be more pleased with the wireless headphones from AUKEY considering they cost just $28.

Summary
With an abundance of third party manufacturers, it can become overwhelming with who to trust. AUKEY is a brand that I have grown to trust and can recommend wholeheartedly. The AUKEY Bluetooth sport headphones are a bargain at $28 and will please anyone who is budget conscious.

They sound balanced with a clear and crisp sound signature. Calls are free of static, volume issues, and background noise. Best of all, the battery life is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment